Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Day 4 without Mama - Climbing Mt. Everest

Astrid had a long nap today: From 9am-12pm, I guess it was caused by her long night with Papa in Hollywood yesterday.

I came home around 4.30, saw her in best spirits and decided to go jogging with her. My guess was, she would love to go to Griffith Park.



My guess was right. She couldn't wait.

First, I jogged with her for 30 minutes, then one tire of my jogging stroller blew and I had to carry her for 2 miles while carrying the stroller at the same time. Rose, when you come home my biceps will resemble Schwarzenegger's.

Finally, we arrived at a big lawn and adjacent playground, and she could run around at her will.


And she did, didn't she? I think she's going to be a marathon runner. Perfect running position.

Little gift for daddy. What's it going to be?

A beautiful leaf. I tried to teach her 'Blatt'. She hasn't spoken one word German yet. It'll happen.

And then came the big challenge: A little hill for us, a Mt. Everest for Astrid. She must have fallen down 20 times but, in the end, she made it happen. Great job.

Here's our little mountaineer. Man, was she tired when we came home.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Peter said...

Hey Uwe,
doing a great job with Astrid alone AND find the time to update your blog so Mama can see her little angel. I have done that several times now and can imagine how you feel (on the other hand, my wife has never been alone with Julius) ... you should think about getting webcams if more business trips are coming up. That was a great thing for our son, seeing mama while she is having breakfast in NY.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Rose said...

I love the pic of her that looks like she's in running form.

Looking forward to seeing those biceps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home