Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bertha has a new friend

I decided to have a dog when I went through a real hard time in my life. I met her in a pound in Burbank and fell immediately in love with her. Don't ask me why, I just did. She was afraid of me, she wanted to get away from me and she had an allergy problem. So what? I still took her home and never regretted it.
Most of the day, she lives on our balcony and Astrid just sees her through our glass doors. But today I let Astrid play with her. And Astrid had a grand time.
Trying the Astrid choke.
Giving Bertha a massage.
Pulling on Bertha's ear. Bertha is such a sheep, you can do anything to her and she would never snap. But she has a second side: She's part Chow and she can be an aggressive fighter when it comes to protecting us and standing up against other dogs.

Right now, Bertha is tolerating Astrid but very soon she'll love to play with her. When we are out town, Jeff takes care of Bertha and they love playing with her. You should see her when she comes home after a week of playing with the kids: she sleeps for hours. Exhausted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home