Tuesday, May 23, 2006

3/4 of Family Hook in Joshua Tree


Today we began our annual trip to Joshua Tree (We skipped last year because of Astrid's birth). Rose has to work until Friday but the rest of us left this afternoon and headed out to Villa dei Fiori.
Astrid slept through most of the drive and Bertha tried to get comfortable. While I was closing in on Joshua Tree I realized that many things have changed: chain stores and restaurants everywhere, even a Starbucks is only 5 miles away. 4 years ago, when we first came here, there was almost nothing here. A few crappy diners and 1 Stater Bros. And now: Kmart, Walmart, Starbucks, Vons, Safeway etc. I liked it better the way it used to be.

We arrived at the house around 4, Astrid was hungry and in a crappy mood. She just didn't like the house and had problems getting used to everything. But after we went to the supermarket and I toured the property with her in my arms, she started to warm up to her vacation domicile. Going to sleep took an hour and a few tears but she adapted quickly. I'm looking forward hanging with her but I'm also looking forward to complete the family when Rose joins us Friday.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Rose said...

I can't wait to join you and Astrid. Is it Friday yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home